All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
2.1 BRETT QUINTON FUNERAL DIRECTORS LTD T/A Lasting Memorialsis responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior toBQFD T/A LM collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees ofBQFD T/A LMwho interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
BRETT QUINTON FUNERAL DIRECTORS T/A Lasting Memorials
The Court Yard
1 Riley Street
Telephone Number: 01902 602686
We are an independent family business. Our family have been funeral directors for 2 generations now. With over 30 years of experience, now, as ever, Brett Quinton Funeral Directors provide comfort, support and professional guidance at every step of the way. As a family business, we are fortunate that even outside of the Quinton family, some of our colleagues, partners and children are also part of the company. We have a team of drivers and bearers who have decades of experience between them. Imagine a setting so welcoming and comfortable that it could put you at ease, even during your most difficult time. Soft soothing colours, thoughtful design, attention to detail and calm knowledgeable staff to support you in your time of need. Our family is committed to caring for your family regardless of race, age, religion, background or financial need. We are proud to be independent, family owned and run and ingrained in the local community.
The personal data we would like to process on you is:
|Personal data type:||Source|
|Name||Directly from customer|
|Address||Directly from customer|
|Contact Number||Directly from customer|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- The fulfilment of your funeral service.
- Any arrangements that also need to be made.
- Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:e.g. fulfilment of a contract.
- Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required forBQFD T/A LMto process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us to update your preferences.
BQFD T/A LMwill not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties may receive your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- A local crematorium for the purpose of organising cremation of the deceased.
- A local cemetery for the purpose of organising burial of the deceased.
- A nominated celebrant for the purpose of arranging details of the funeral service.
- A local musician for the purpose of liaising with you for your musical choices for the funeral service.
3.4 Retention period
BQFD T/A/ LMwill process personal data in paper format for 4 weeks inside a locked cabinet. Then it will be transferred to a secure hard drive copy and kept for 5 years. After the 5 years the information will be deleted.The paper format of data will be destroyed by a cross-cut shredder. The data will be used for
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that BQFD T/A LA refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by BQFD T/A LM(or third parties as described in 3.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and BQFD T/A LM.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||BQFDcontact details|
|Contact Name:||BRETT QUINTON||Personal: 07769 741090|
|Address line 1:||The Court Yard
1 Riley Street
3.7 Privacy statement
Read more about how and why we use your data on our website: http://www.brettquintonfunerals.co.uk/
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, BQFD T/A LM,will collect and use your personal data for provision of services, cookies, complaints etc.
Why doesBQFD T/A LMneed to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a funeral, we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposesBQFD T/A LMwould contact you for separate consent.
Will Organisation Name share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to BQFD T/A LMin the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of BQFD T/A LMWhen they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line withBQFD T/A LM’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How willBQFD T/A LMuse the personal data it collects about me?
BQFD T/A LMwill process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary but will be kept as a hard copy for the maximum of 5 years. BQFD T/A LMis required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept, may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will BQFD T/A LMcontact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
BQFD T/A LMat your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed.IfBQFD T/A LMdoes hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of BQFD T/A LMor a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.